Friday, July 08, 2005

Jack of All Trades, Master of None...

Now that I have a master's degree in Christian Apologetics I have to admit that I really don't know to much. I'm not trying to be humble, just honest. There is so much out there just concerning Christian apologetics that a person could spend YEARS on just one subject!

For example, I love biblical archaeology! But there are so many issues concerning biblical archaeology it's just amazing. Look at Hershel Shank and his Biblical Archaeology Review! He has made a living highlighting various archaeological controversies around the Bible, such as the shroud of Turin. (Is it really the image of Christ?) But I've discovered one thing about archaeology; everybody approaches the "facts" with some type of presupposition, which I don't have a problem with. I just want the "experts" to acknowledge it.

I've come to the realization that some questions will never be answered this side of glory. We will never really know how God form Adam and Eve. Nor will we know what the world was really like before the flood, or Moses' experience at the burning bush. But does that mean that we stop asking questions or challenging our assumptions? I hope not! One thing I do know is that humanity has the God-given ability to question ourselves and our surroundings, so I may never know the answer, but I will always pose the questions.